CNET is available in the following editions:
Read our full review
Add your review
Comment: Not sure who is writing these reviews but they are way off the truth.
1. Remote Problems much too small, buttons very small you would need better than 20/20 vision to use it
2. Has anybody tried using red button for say English commentary on the WELSH HD whilst recording on a standard prog it cuts off the sound, stop the recording and sound returns.
3. Time shift seems to come into play at any given moment resulting judder of picture
4. In a space of 6 hours the box froze about 6 times.
5. And that EPG is appalling.
6. There is no correlation between the output of screen size you sometimes get pictures very small at 4.3 on a 16.9 screen when they are being broadcast in 16.9 over the FREEVIEW platform this box seems to have a mind of its own.
It has some very serious software problems.
It went back the next day, as not fit for purpose. And yes the latest upgrade software was installed, and the Ariel signal was at 99% so do not let a shop use that old chestnut
Log in with your CNET UK or Facebook account to post a user review, or click Join to create an account
Please log in, register or login with Facebook to add a review or comment
Ask your Facebook friends and Twitter followers if you should buy the TVonics DTR-HD500
More Home Cinema in Crave
About CBS Interactive
Copyright © 2013 CBS Interactive Limited. All rights reserved.