CNET is available in the following editions:
Read our full review
Add your review
Good: Great little player
Bad: uninspiring interface
Comment: Even out Amy's multiple crap reviews that don't give any real review what so ever
Good: Saller than zune
Bad: Less inspiring interface
Comment: This is a great little player for me. Smaller than my old zune and not stuck with crappy software like zune and ipod. Plays my music and vids no problems. Great little player
Good: Extendable and its size
Bad: it does not do, what it promises
Comment: Since writing my last two reviews on the Sansa View.
I have contacted my friends who I purchasesd two Sansa Fuze's as Christmas presants.
I am glad to write that you should not buy the Sansa View, but buy the Sansa Fuze instead, which I thoroughly recomend, you will be well pleased. its only problem being the small screen.
The second problem with all Sansa products is, Sansa themselves do not reply to emails, they rely on their forum, which members have to solve their own problems.
Bad: Most Things it does not do, what it promises
Comment: I forgot to mention one important thing
They will give you Rhapsody as to be used for your Libary of Audio Files.
This software will help you make “Playlists (Folders) for your different styles of music
They will appear at first, but when you disconnect from Rhapsody they will disappear both from your Sansa View and from Rhapsody. So even though Sansa say you can make yoyur own "Playlists" you can not, it is just another another one of their countless false claims
Bad: Most Things itb does not do what it promises
Comment: Having owned 3 versions of the Ipod currently using 5G, had two Samsungs and I also use a Blackberry for a phone as well as an MP3 player., but without doubt this is the worst piece of audio hardware I have ever come across.
I was very impressed when I first saw it, so much so, I bought three for friends for Christmas, only having to apologise after wards, particularly, as they had the same problems as I have had.
These findings are after installing the latest Firmware = 01.03.02a
1. Even though it falsely states on the box “AudioBooks” it does not recognise audio books, only if you purchase from Audible.com who without a doubt Sansa has a financial interest in.
2. Can take up to 5 minutes sometimes to Re-Boot or to start-up.
3. Agonisingly slow fast forward or rewind while in any mode including Podcast
4. No matter how careful you prepare the TAG information the Sansa View will randomly place chapters in the wrong order.
5. No Good emailing Sansa Support they will not reply.
6. They rely to much on the Sansa Forum to solve the many problems this equipment has
7. If you call via the telephone, for support, the guy at the other end sounds likehe would like to change his job
8. This piece of gear is so bad, it has forced me to write about it in this way, which nothing has ever forced me into this position before.
9. Do not buy it, you have been warned.
Good: The ability to install Rockbox firmware. Extendable with MicroSD card.
Bad: Could be smaller.
Comment: It's a nice one, especially the ability to install Rockbox (an open source firmware alternate) is great. It's size, at least when rubber case inserted, is quite big. The user interface is OK, nothing really bad about it. I wouldn't recommend to anyone, but for me it suits perfectly.
Log in with your CNET UK or Facebook account to post a user review, or click Join to create an account
Please log in, register or login with Facebook to add a review or comment
Ask your Facebook friends and Twitter followers if you should buy the SanDisk Sansa View
More Mobile Phones in Crave
About CBS Interactive
Copyright © 2013 CBS Interactive Limited. All rights reserved.