CNET is available in the following editions:
Read our full review
Add your review
Good: size and beauty
Bad: so far nothing bad
Comment: Great phone, lots to explore on superfast 4G
Good: Great screen. Great battery life. Fast and beautiful.
Comment: This is definitely the phone I've been looking for. With its 5.5 inch screen I can do nearly anything I might want a tablet for; viewing web sites, editing documents, annotating photos, and watching videos. And it's fast enough to make all this work seemingly without effort. It is truly a joy to use.
And not to be forgotten, I easily get an entire day - and more - from the 3100 mAh battery. Which means I don't have to worry about it dying during the day and can actually use it when I want to.
For me, this is hands down the best phone on the market today.
Comment: its better than the iphone 5, has blue tooth, is far more superior than the iphone, evolved a lote more!, can get a new battery if need be, can get a memory card, the hole set up of the phone is great, like a small pc in my hand.its not that heavy to carry around.
Good: Screen. Power. Speed. Stylus. Battery life
Bad: Too much Samsung bloatware. Slowish updates to new OS. A bit plasticky but that isn't a major issue.
Comment: Very good screen and very powerful. Size is a good thing, not bad! It is about as large as a phone can be and still be pocketable and useable as a phone. I don't feel silly holding it up to my face and even if I did its other features are so good that I wouldn't mind if I did. The stylus is genuinely useful but is easy to lose. I have already done that and they cost a lot to replace. Battery life is good.
Bad: Small changes to JB via TouchWiz
Comment: I too had the iPhone for years. I knew there was more possibilities with the Android OS than what iOS had to offer when I got my Android Tablet. But when I saw the Note 2 in a bar, that sealed it for me. I went out the very next week to buy it. Then my wife got one. Then my friends started buying it too. It's going to spread like wildfire (until the S4 arrives, then people will probably jump one that because of the full HD AMOLED display-- But to me, even at
Comment: Samsung acknowledged a vulnerability in its popular Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II phones that could allow someone to write a malicious app and gain access to your device. The vulnerability was first discovered on XDA, an on-line forum for developers.Samsung acknowledged a vulnerability in its popular Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II phones that could allow someone to write a malicious app and gain access to your device. The exploit that affects pretty much any device with an Exynos 4412 or 4210 processors. Has anyone have any idea about this? Click the below link for more info
Bad: Auto Brightness Sensor
Comment: First of all, don't let my bad english/grammar fool you, I know the field, I've been a software tester for more than 8 years. I've worked with Windows Mobile, Android since cupcake, Maemo, IOS and Symbian. ( And no, none of the bugs found after the release have been my fault :D )
The most relevant phones I've had for personal use are: N95, N82, Iphone,N8, N900, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Atrix 2, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Flyer, Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Instead of reviewing the same thing thats been reviewed over and over again I will tell you why I like this phone so much and what do I use it for.
1. Games - All of the games I've played so far look fantastic, none of them have failed. I've run Android games like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger, Temple Run, Grand Theft Auto, Shadow Gun, Dead Trigger.
2. Web Surfing. The 5.5 screen is amazing, you don't even have to use the mobile version just look at any web page in the normal regular version in landscape mode and it's great just like that.
3. Music. I have 20 Gb of music aprox on my SD card of the phone, I have 2 pair of bluetooth headphones as well as a portable speaker system with bluetooth, I use this on my laptop with beats audio. I can be playing a very graphic hardware demanding game like Shadow Gun, with my bluetooth speaker system and it sounds amazing without any glitches whatsoever.
4. Spen. I love to draw, and this Spen is fantastic given the context that this is a smartphone not a Wacom Tablet. I use this the most to play of course Draw Something, although pen pressure is not supported at this moment, it would be cool if they develop an app for the Galaxy note 2.
I take notes, like you would regularly do with a notepad (the regular the one you just to take to school haha), this is great not only you dont waste paper you can easily arrange your notes, for example for business meeting you have the option to record voice, write down stuff, take screenshots, whatever you like.
Just drawing in general is great.
5. Camera very good. I don't understand why some people are too picky with the camera, any camera above 5 MP for the last 3 years or so look almost the same, if you want a good photo you definitely need a real camera but lets say you don't have a camera and you want the best phone available for the job, then go and buy a Nokia with a Pureview if nokia is still good at something that is camera and maps, other than that this camera should be among the first 3 phone cameras.
6. GPS and Maps. Great Navigation, the gps takes like 4 seconds to be on and running and always accurate the maps load very fast either by using the 3G or Wifi I've been lost a couple of times since I bought and it has worked like a charm, taking me home fast and safe! :D
7. UI. Well it runs 4.1 out of the box and the update to 4.2 is available giving you the great Split Screen mode where you can use 2 application at the same time. What I use this the most is when I'm reading of surfing on the web and it was a link to a youtube video I simply use the split screen to keep reading and have the video running at the same time, it's great same experience as if you were using a laptop or watching tv while looking at the computer.
So that's what I use this phone the most and in each of those scenarios and I can't complain, I've been doing the same with all my smartphones with the exception of the IPhone that was 1 generation and the Bluetooth did not work for what I wanted.
I totally disagree with the reviewer that said the battery was out after 6 hours, I really stress this phone often, playing last generation android games, Bluetooth, connectivity and using all it's power at max this phone at least give me 10 hours.
If I use this phone like a regular user, in one day of Facebook, Email, GPS, Bluetooth, listen to music for a 3-4 hrs, Youtube 10-20 videos a day, 1-2 hours playing angry birds type games, the battery last like 1.5 days, meaning that I use it between 8AM to 12PM, go to sleep, then 8AM to 4PM and I have like 5% of battery left.
I can honestly say this phone is almost perfect, the only thing I could complain is the auto brightness sensor, doesn't seem to be very accurate I usually deactivate it and choose the brightness I like myself.
I hope this review is helpful, don't let the people bother you with: "That is to big, it's too much" and things like that, there was a time when they thought the same about the n95, S2 and phones alike the screen size is great and you won't regret it, feel free to contact me me if you have any doubts or questions.
Good: Ever thing
Comment: Fantastic mobile phone.....just one -ve thing, which is battery draining at about 6-7 % per hour on standby mode...and when running music player or surfing on internet the battery drops after every 3 - 4 mins per percentage interval......4 min surfing = 1 % battery drop....the total battery timing is about 6 - 7 hours on ful time surfing and listening music....so little disagree with Battery review by CNET.....samsung should do something about this problem
Good: the speed of the apps open and no lag even multiple apps is open
Bad: nothing so far.
Comment: The screen is big enough to watch a 16:9 movie and the headset is awesome with the virtual 7.1 channel. Movie while doing other thing is not a dream anymore, now i can watch movie while sms or browsing. Nice. Should get one of this instead of Note 10.1. Same feature yet smaller and compact. Never regret to get one of these.
Good: big screen
Comment: nice i want one !
i love samsung and i am never going to buy something which is not samsung!!!!
love you samsung!
Log in with your CNET UK or Facebook account to post a user review, or click Join to create an account
Please log in, register or login with Facebook to add a review or comment
Ask your Facebook friends and Twitter followers if you should buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Find a deal
More Mobile Phones in Crave
About CBS Interactive
Copyright © 2013 CBS Interactive Limited. All rights reserved.