CNET is available in the following editions:
Read our full review
Add your review
Good: Massive screen , loads of social networking options
Bad: a little hard to figure it all out at first
Comment: ive not long had this phone and have previously used blackberry for 5 years, i needed a change as i am in university and need something which i could use to connect with my class mates as well as being able to type up notes in class. i love social networking so this is another reason i chose this phone. ive had some people tell me that windows is nto a great program but so far ive not had any issues, i am aware of windows being very nehind in regards of apps but im sure they will catch up if they want a bigger market presence. well im off to enjoy my phone :) hope you do to
Good: cheep big screen f,book
Bad: nothing i think
Comment: nice phone
Good: big screen
Bad: no clear black dispaly,low res screen,no light up buttons
Comment: I love this phone my previous phone was the lumia 620 and I loved it my favourite part of the 625 is screen but I wish the screen has a higher res screen and clear-black display I wish nokia could of put the light up buttons on the screen.The camera is quite good but not the best
Good: Battery Life. Design, Built in apps
Bad: Windows market needs more apps added (not major Problem)
Comment: Ive owned many many phones and the Nokia lumia 625 is one of the best phones Ive brought for a budget phone, market needs more apps adding to it but other than that a great phone for the price and works well with xbox and other windows operating platforms.
Good: Battery life, Big screen, Solid Build, Windows
Bad: Not the phone for you if you watch lots of videos
Comment: I read the PCPRO review and bought the 625. Really pleased. I was using an iPhone 4S, really disappointed and it was expensive. Hated the way Apple takes control of everything, converting music files, and I found the music functionality frustrating, like most played playlist was generated from the PC not my phone. This Lumia 625 is a bargain. Screen is huge, if not high-resolution; the battery will definitely last all day; and the regular bundle of Nokia apps – including turn-by-turn satnav, free music streaming and a battery of photo tools – add value to what was already a compelling package. It’s 4G-compatible, too, which is exceedingly rare among budget smartphones. With the phone to be given away with even modestly priced contracts, PCPRO had no hesitation in giving it a richly deserved Recommended award. Good enough for me!
Good: its popular and very easier
Comment: I am using it and its really very easy and help full for
its a little PC I love it very much.
Good: It has a big screen and good wi-fi connectivity, battery lasts for about 2 days
Bad: It has a plastic cover which looks cheap
Comment: I own this phone for only a week and I like it. To be sincere this is my first smartphone, so I cannot provide a comparision with other OSs but so far WP runs ok.
I use this phone mainly for checking e-mails, facebook, and for talking via Skype.
If you want a budget phone 625 is a good option
Comment: Nice phone do for me
Good: Childrens Screen
Bad: Lot of things
Comment: This Nokia Lumia 625 is a total Disaster, I regretted it the very moment I shelled out 16grand INR. the store didn't take back the phone, now I am left with a piece of an entertainment device, which heats up when playing games like temple run, and Six Guns. I cannot access files on my memory card, as there is no file explorer, I cannot share videos at all, I cannot send documents as attachments via email, as I cannot browse to find Documents, only pics can be sent via email. Truly a disaster, I feel cheated once again by nokia, my earlier Nokia E6 was way to superior as compared to this phone.
Does anyone want to buy it back from me? It’s just a month old. Can the company compensate me back for this cheating? Coz I truly feel cheated.
1) No file explorer- makes the external Memory card just storage for music pictures, and videos, one cannot access the memory card as a storage device.One cannot manage the storage of the phone and ext.mmc.
2) All software installed is on the phone and no option to install on memory card.
3) Limitations while sharing Documents – One cannot first compose email and then browse to the documents to attach them, but one has to select the document and then select a mailbox to send only that attachment, don’t know how one will add multiple attachments. The attachment button on email will only let you select and browse pictures, making this phone a worthless piece for business use where we have to send multiple files.
4) Using email using internet explorer is also very risky as, once I wrote a huge email and then it crashed, making all my work useless.
5) One cannot share Videos at all, Videos is the most silly and most degraded thing on the phone, for Music one has options of Albums, songs ect, but for videos there is only one sub menu called all.There is no way one can share videos over Bluetooth, whatsapp or even through mail box.
6) No Scroll bar or Scroll key makes it difficult to scroll to the bottom of the page if you do not want to use the search option.
7) The three keys on the screen, ‘back’, ‘Windows key’, & ‘search’, are not illuminated and it becomes extremely difficult, almost impossible to use in dark. Such an expensive phone and such a big design error.
8) Phone Heats a little while charging, heats up very much while play games like temple run and six guns. The games crash quite a few times.
9) Limitations in the headphone – Headset provided do not have any button to accept and reject calls not to change music tracks and radio channels.
10) Biggest Limitations – Taking backups, one cannot take a back up of the phone contents like contacts and messages and others ( like calendars, notes, bookmarks). As the windows phone app does not have that feature. I am scared of resetting the phone to factory default or reinstall OS as I will loose all my contacts as nothing is said about contacts in the help menu, messages and others, I can backup using the backup feature to cloud, earlier on E6-00 I could use Nokia Suite.
The Sales people will not explain you all this, you will realize this one you buy the phone. Please be aware and check for all these limitation and then make a wise decision.
Good: Good value
Bad: Limited apps
Comment: I was asked to review the Lumia 625 as part of a blogger outreach programme.
My main phone is a Samsung S4 and it's not fair to compare the two: it's like putting a Ford Focus alongside a Mercedes. That said, as a business workhorse, like a Ford Focus, there's no much wrong with the Nokia. I was pleasantly surprised by the Windows OS and although there are limited apps compared to iOS and Android, there's enough for the average business user.
Log in with your CNET UK or Facebook account to post a user review, or click Join to create an account
Please log in, register or login with Facebook to add a review or comment
Ask your Facebook friends and Twitter followers if you should buy the Nokia Lumia 625
More Software in Crave
About CBS Interactive
Copyright © 2014 CBS Interactive Limited. All rights reserved.