CNET is available in the following editions:
Read our full review
Add your review
Good: Intuitive, well built, fast, and great keyboard
Bad: I would be lost without it
Comment: An AMAZING phone. I love it
Good: Keypad, screen size
Bad: Charging time
Comment: I have had this phone for about two months. I was able to upgrade my Blackberry 9720, I read the reviews and thought the Q10 would be a good replacement, especially as I like to have proper buttons. Unfortunately, i've been quite disappointed with it. The keypad is excellent, the screen is a good size and internet pages load quickly, but that's about it for me. There are lots of annoying little things about it, for example...
- I find it very difficult to answer calls, because I still haven't mastered this downward swiping action. When it rings i'm doing this mad swiping with my finger, then stop to say "Hello', no answer, so more swiping, then they person calling has gone. Its very irritating, I can't see why you can't just "tap" something instead.
- On my previous phone you were given the option of deleting emails "from the device" so, you knew you still had the email, but it was just gone from the phone. But, with this phone you don't seem to have that option. Which means i'm having to keep email's on there, as i'm scared to delete them, in case they are gone for good.
- It can be difficult to turn off. You have to release the button at exactly the right moment, or it comes on again.
- Copy & Paste isn't very easy
- There doesn't seem to be an option of turning it partly off. With my previous phone you could "Turn Off" or "Full Power Off". The "turn off" was useful for saving power over night, as you knew the alarm clock would still work.
- The worst thing, by far, has been the charging problems. I always turn the phone off to charge and wait for the amber light to turn to green before unplugging it. But right from the start it would not charge in less than 5hrs. I called the Vodafone Technical Dept, who told me it should take 2 - 2.5hrs, and it was "definitely" a problem with the battery. Anyway, after trying another new battery (from Blackberry), various chargers and even different power sockets it still didn't improve (the person at the Vodafone store told me that its almost aways a phone problem, rather than a battery problem). So, it was sent away to Blackberry for repair and I was actually sent a new phone instead.
- The second phone seemed fine and charged in a couple of hours. But after just over a week, it suddenly started having the same problem!! After 12hrs of charging the battery was only at 80%, and the amber light was still flashing. It was 14.5hrs before it finally stopped. So now that phone has also been sent way to be repaired.
I think there must be a fault with them, either that or i've just been very unlucky but I wouldn't recommend one!
Good: Good hardware, quick and responsive, removable battery, very good internet browser
Bad: BB10, limited user options and control, can't remove BBM, constantly forces a data connection
Comment: The hardware Q10 is nice with a good quality feel. The keyboard is an acceptable size and the action is ok if a little loose and not as positive as the old Nokia E6 it replaced for me. The lack of a track pad for the most part hasn't been a problem other than when trying to place the cursor, when editing text. The touch screen solution is fussy, fiddly and inprecise.
Despite a few UI niggles, the BB10 internet browser is excellent. I'm very impressed with it's performance.
That's the last good thing I have to say about BB10. BB10 is astonishingly basic, lacking functionality and user option and control that other operating systems have had as standard for years... I came from Symbian.
BBM is a love it or loathe it thing. I have no use for it but it constantly runs in the background forcing a data connection all the time. You cannot fully close it down or uninstall it. This kind of Gestapo control freakery infuriates me and puts me off Blackberry.
If you value the security and privacy of your personal information do not buy from Blackberry world. I found to my cost having entered my debit card details I am now not permitted to delete them!!! More control freak contempt for the customer. Be warned. All these organisations tell you they take the security of your information seriously and then oops we've been hacked. Better tell your bank to cancel your card... how about you don't store the information in the first place unless I ask you to!!!
Good: business phone
Bad: i didn't found any bad thing in the phone
Comment: its a good smart phone i want get its Practical phone
Comment: I love it , its such as amazing device
Comment: Make easy money online with our tipz and secrets..
you have the potential to make upto $1000 a week
For more information click this link
Check this site to know anything and everything about Smart Phones
Itz the complete Database Of Smart Phones..
Good: Camera, Qwerty keyboard, Smooth screen, BBM, Smart design, Web browsing.
Bad: Lack of apps, No trackpad, Occasional laggy responsitivity.
Comment: I like the Blackberry Q10 because it does what a phone is ment to do. send occasional email take occasional photos and text and call. plus its extra blackberry messging services. the screen is smoothwhich people dont really notice enough web browising is faster than my HP Pavillion G7 and the qwerty keyboard is better than ever. I wish the trackpad was still on the phone though has advanteges in some areas. I have always known with my blackberrys that the phone gets laggy but I have seen an improvement from the blackberry 9900 to the Q10. I think people dont give credit on the camera which I thik is unfair considering the pictures I take with my dog are outstanding. I am able to catch a photo of him jumping through mid air outside and the colours are brilliant just like a proffesional camera. though the phone hates low light and pictures become grainy indoors.
Bad: nothing really from my perspective
Comment: I have been a fan of Blackberry since it first launched. Had a blackberry Pearl and then I changed to Curve. Was just going through the new smartphones in the market and boy am I impressed with Blackberry or what!!! Have some complaints about Curve that have because of its slow response and device hanging sometime but still I am looking forward to have Q10.
All those cribbing about physical keyboards and small screen are definitely game junkies, I am not. I definitely prefer physical keyboard and Blackberry Q10 is definitely impressive.
Log in with your CNET UK or Facebook account to post a user review, or click Join to create an account
Please log in, register or login with Facebook to add a review or comment
Ask your Facebook friends and Twitter followers if you should buy the BlackBerry Q10
More Mobile Phones in Crave
About CBS Interactive
Copyright © 2014 CBS Interactive Limited. All rights reserved.